Consul General of Finland in New York, Ambassador Jarmo Sareva, cordially invites you to our event, Building the Future Together: A Finnish-American Dialogue on Built Environment Opportunities in New York.
The Governors Island Climate Center development and the recently released New York City sustainability plan inspired this seminar and networking event. We'll explore the exciting prospects and challenges in the built environment sector in New York with representatives of local and Finnish companies operating in the built environment space. This dialogue aims to foster innovative ideas and sustainable solutions that will shape the future of urban development.
• Opening : The Exchange: Vision and Future.
• Setting the scene: NYC EDC & Kirahub, Finnish cluster for built environment
• Can The Exchange be the ignition for broader transition? - Michael Reed, Acting Head of Large Buildings, NYSERDA
• Panel : Executing Low Carbon Development - Myrrh Caplan, National Vice President in Sustainability at Skanska, Steve Lieberman, Business Development Manager at Stora Enso, and Janne Tuomikko, Vice President in Business Development and Sales at Tecwill. Moderated Andrew Winters
• Panel : Net-Zero and Connected Buildings – Kate Ollinger, Director of Industry and Regulatory Affairs at Uponor, Tony Atti, CEO at Phononic – Partner of Halton, Nokia, and Tomi Teikko, Head of US at Haltian. Moderated by Adam Friedberg, Partner at Buro Happold.
• Case of 345 Hudson, Winner of Empire Building Challenge – Benjamin Rodney, Vice President of Construction for the U.S. East Region, Hines, and Will Sibia, Founder and CEO at URBS.