An introduction to The Hub Live
On Monday and Tuesday, September 18 - 19, 2023, Climate Group hosted The Hub Live. Bringing together more than 1,000 of the most influential leaders from business, government, and the climate sector. This is where we joined forces to learn, share and collaborate, to overcome the challenges in our path.
Day One of The Hub Live was all about Showcasing Action. Day Two explored the New Frontiers of Climate Action. The interactive program of innovative solutions, technologies and ideas consisted of three plenary flagship sessions and four themes that ran throughout the two days.
- The New Industrial Revolution
The revolutionary changes underway to deliver net zero industry and construction.
- The Energy and Transport Transition
Accelerating zero-emission, smarter energy and transport systems, removing the roadblocks.
- Nature, Food Systems and Health
Achieving a just transition in agriculture and nature, engaging food supply chains and enhancing environmental health.
- Financing the Green Economy
Driving growth in investment that’s equitable and fair.
To watch on demand, check this link.
September 18 - 19, 2023
- Flagship Session One: We Can. We Will. We Are driving climate action
- Flagship Session Two: The most urgent challenge: phasing out fossil fuels
- Flagship Session Three: New frontiers of climate action: The innovation and investment needed to achieve net zero
Day 1 – Monday, September 18
- Building the future: Unleashing the renovation revolution
- Fueling change: What it takes to accelerate the energy transition across the whole ecosystem
- The secret ingredient: How rethinking supply chains can provide a recipe to decarbonize the food system
- Mobilizing finance for resiliency - From circular economies to nature-based solutions
- The strength to lead: Kicking the coal habit and placing steel at the heart of the green economy
- The great transport divide: Harnessing collective efforts for electric vehicles in the Global South
- Farming for the future: Sustainable agriculture and an end to deforestation
- Financing climate justice: Taking stock for a sustainable future
- Addressing the Climate-Health-Equity Nexus: The Path to a Sustainable Future
- Road to success: Picking up the pace of electrification in the heavy-duty freight sector
- From eco-anxiety to eco-optimism: Listening to a generation of resilient youth
- Financing the present: How to de-risk low carbon investments
- Communicating Climate Change: Are Misinformation and Communications Problems Preventing Us From Getting Stuff Done?
- Is integrated energy our next climate hero? How connecting buildings, fleets and grids can fuel the future
- Restoration, conservation and biodiversity protection: The understated climate powerhouse
- Financing our net zero future: The next frontier
- The Hub Live Evening Reception
Day 2 – Tuesday, September 19
- Energizing America: Innovating clean energy infrastructure for a sustainable future
- We are developing best practice on net-zero concrete
- Transforming grids globally: the role of technology, digitalization and collaboration on the road to renewable expansion
- Fast tracking climate impact through supply chain collaboration
- Climate change and health equity: The imperative for community-based resilience
- RE100 Members’ Forum (closed-door session)
- Bridging the gap to net zero concrete: accelerating deployment of innovative solutions
- RE100 Leadership Awards
- Cleantech: Silver bullet or red herring on net-zero?