In this event, Reservas Votorantim and ECCON will discuss the main aspects of AFOLU projects in Brazil, focused on REDD+ and Payment for Environmental Services:
• Technical: how measure, report and verify the results of conservation activities;
• Legal: how to understand the legal requirements and limits of conservation-based AFOLU projects;
• Operational: how to foster conservation of nature in private lands and how to develop scalable AFOLU projects;
• Financial: how to pay the costs of conserving nature and developing these projects;
• Methodological: how to apply the methodological rules to the complex Brazilian reality.