Eat & shop your way through the best of sustainable Brooklyn with a local expert.
MUST PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE: https://www.likealocaltours.com/brooklyn-tours/sustainable-brooklyn-food-fashion-tour/
Don’t let the city grit sway you, we’re living green right here in the middle of Brooklyn!
Join local Sustainable Fashion and Textile designer, Amalya Meira, for a look at conscious design, forward thinking cuisine, and innovative architecture all here in Williamsburg! Meet at corner of North 10th Street and Bedford Avenue.
- Meet Designers, chefs and entrepreneurs forging a path for conscious urban living
- Try delicious natural wine
- See innovative and up and coming sustainable design from around the world
- Taste amazing organic food that will leave you feeling wonderful (enough for lunch)
- Visit a local designer studio
- Give vintage gems new life!
- Discover a mother daughter sustainable design success story
- Like A Local only discounts at local boutiques
- Learn about organic tea and tea ceremonies
- See one of the only Passive Houses in all New York!
- More natural and organic restaurant tips in the area!
**Rates:** $68 per person
**Duration:** 3 Hours - 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
**About your tour guide:** A working Fashion and Textile Designer, Amalya launched her own sustainable womenswear line in 2017 (Amalya.com). Based in Brooklyn, her work is now selling in like minded boutiques internationally. Ever inspired by the city around her, and it's local style Amalya has been working as a licensed Fashion Tour Guide and Personal Shopper for the past four years. “I gain so much inspiration from meeting curious shoppers from all over the world! Each person’s unique style really sheds new light on the city I already know and love so well. It's amazing being able to introduce people to their new favorite designers and shops!” While specializing in specific to NYC boutiques of both independent designers and vintage gems, Amalya tailors her tours to your taste-you will definitely end the day with your new favorite piece!
This event is part of the Sustainable Travel and Leisure program of Climate Week NYC.