You can watch this event on Climate Group's Facebook Watch page.
IF WE TRANSFORM ENERGY, CAN WE KICK START ECONOMIES AND IMPROVE LIVES?
The global pandemic of COVID-19 has transformed the landscape for 2020 and beyond with drastic impacts on public health and the global economy. For many it has given pause for thought and provided a new perspective on how to tackle the other global crisis, climate change.
In June, the International Energy Agency published their World Energy Outlook Special Report on Sustainable Recovery, giving governments a “once-in-a-lifetime” roadmap to sustainably rebuild their economies following COVID-19. The plan demonstrates that 9 million jobs could be created by developing a resilient and cleaner energy system whilst driving economic growth.
The Center on Global Energy Policy will bring together a panel of experts to discuss the road to a cleaner system and brighter economic future.
- Andrew Kamau, Principal Secretary for Petroleum, Ministry of Petroleum & Mining, Republic of Kenya
- Cheryl LaFleur, Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA
- Maarten Wetselaar, Integrated Gas & New Energies Director, Shell
- Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Director of Sustainability, Technology, and Outlooks, International Energy Agency; Director, European Commission’s Directorate General for Energy
- Moderated by Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA
Advance registration is required. Following registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with access details. The event will be recorded and the video recording will be added to our website following the event.
This event is open to press, and registration is required to attend.
For media inquiries or requests for interviews, please contact Artealia Gilliard (email@example.com) or Genna Morton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the event, please contact Caitlin Norfleet or Nicolina DueMogensen (email@example.com).