A group of French chefs in NYC have come together to form “French Chefs for the Planet” and have committed to feature sustainable dishes on their menus during Climate Week NYC 2018.
Here are the participating restaurants:
Restaurant Le Rivage
- Chef Paul Denamiel
- Location: 340 W 46th St, NY, NY 10036
- Contact: (212) 765 7374
- Le Rivage offers a romantic and comfortable French country atmosphere where you can enjoy traditional French cuisine (between $30 and $50)
Flûte Champagne Bar
- Locations: Flûte Beekman : 889 First Ave, NY, NY 10022 & Flûte Midtown : 205 West 54st, NY, NY 10019
- Contact: (212) 265 5169
- During Climate Week NYC, Flûte Champagne Bar proposes the "Hblin Esprit nature", a wonderful biodynamic Champagne (Glass $20, Bottle $85)
Restaurant Le Cocotte
- Chef Sébastien Pourrat
- Location: 110 Thompson St, NY, NY 10012
- Contact: (212) 965 9100
- Climate Dish: "Poulet à la crapaudine" – Half organic chicken, free range, air chilled and antibiotic free from d’Artagnan, seared à la plancha with organic vegetables from Union Square market and finished with Jerez vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Laurent Marchand – Patisserie
- Chef Laurent XIV
- Contact: email@example.com
- I consider each of my cakes to be a piece of art and in addition, ensure that my baking approach is conscientious to both my consumer’s health and the health of the environment. Each cake is 45 to 60 percent less calories, higher in protein, and mostly plant based as compared to a traditional cake. Twenty servings of vegetables have fewer greenhouse gas emissions than one serving of beef! My cakes taste as delicious as they look without compromising neither diet nor the environment, and I am so proud and excited to share with the world!
Restaurant La Grenouille
- Chef Masson
- Location: 3 E 52nd St, NY, NY 10022
- Contact: (212) 752 1495
- La Grenouille is a historic and award-winning French restaurant, founded in 1962. The menu of La Grenouille is essentially entirely "haute French cuisine", with customer menus presenting the French names of classic and more modern dishes, respecting environment.
Restaurant le Gigot
- Location: 18 Cornelia St #1, NY, NY 10014
- Contact: (212) 627 3737
- At first glance, Le Gigot transports guests to an inviting little family-owned bistro—the kind you’d only find in La Ville-Lumière. The service exceeds expectations with uncharacteristic warmth that brings a welcoming vibe to the nostalgic dining room.
Brasserie Le Baratin
- Chefs Micheal and Cyril Touchard
- Location: 26 Greenwich Ave, NY, NY 10011
- Contact: (212) 933 1080
- Le Baratin is a casual French bistro located in the West Village. Working with local products and purveyors, the menus feature a selection of familiar bistro offerings.
Restaurant le Bar Tabac
- Location: 128 Smith St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Contact: (718) 923 0918
- Bar Tabac imparts vibrant energy to the Cobble Hill neighborhood in Brooklyn and compliments Smith Street’s bohemian spirit. The colorful corner storefront embodies the spirit of the tabacs in France, the ubiquitous small storefronts and annexes in bars that sell lottery tickets, chewing gum, and of course, tobacco. Bar Tabac may not actually sell tobacco, but the lively camaraderie and antique 1960’s bar conspire to compose a unique place that is authentically French but delightfully local.
- Chef Olivier Dessyn
- Locations: Greenwich Village – 552 Laguardia Pl. NY, NY 10012 & UES – 2175 Broadway, NY, NY 10024
- Contact: (212) 362-6261
- Mille-Feuille is a rare authentic "Pâtisserie française" established in New York City. Savor our patisseries free of mind: they're made from our finest and constantly improved recipes and with only the best ingredients: organic domestic flours, award-winning rBST-free Vermont butter, premium French chocolate, no additives and no preservatives anywhere in sight! As a result we taste better than anything else in New York City.
Le Café Boulud
- Chef Daniel Boulud
- Location: 20 E 76th Street, NY, NY, 10021
- Contact: (212) 965-9100
- Just steps away from Central Park, Café Boulud offers the finesse of traditional French cuisine with the warm hospitality of a neighborhood café. This Michelin-starred, Upper East Side institution by Chef Daniel Boulud boasts a menu inspired by his four culinary muses, flawlessly executed by Chef Aaron Bludorn. Complemented by a classic yet inventive wine selection curated by Sommelier Aaron Fusco, the restaurant is both a destination and a local gem for casually elegant dining.
Restaurant Les Bernardins
- Chef Eric Ripert
- Location: Le Bernardin, 787 Seventh Avenue, NY, NY 10019
- Tel : +1 (212) 554 1515
- Born in Paris in 1972 by sibling duo Maguy and Gilbert Le Coze, Le Bernardin only served fish: Fresh, simple and prepared with respect. After receiving its first Michelin star in 1976, and two more in 1980, the Le Coze’s set to open Le Bernardin in New York in 1986. Chef Ripert is committed to eco-friendly fishing and quality. With the Consulate General of France, Chef Ripert was the instigator of this action. Thanks to him.