Explore forestry pathways with the Arbor Day Foundation, Bluesource, and Wildlife Conservation Society at International Emissions Trading Association’s Carbon Forum North America 2019.
- Jeremy Manion, Lead of Forestry Carbon at Arbor Day Foundation
- Ben Massie, VP of Environmental Markets at Bluesource
- Todd Stevens, Executive Director of Markets and Conservation Solutions at Wildlife Conservation Society
There is clear and mounting evidence that forests must play a key role in stabilizing the climate crisis. Never before has it been so urgent to protect, manage, and restore our forests and remaining natural ecosystems. This session will explore the range of existing and emerging forestry solutions as well as why and how businesses can include forests in their climate action plans.
Leveraging a framework designed by Nature4Climate on the tremendous mitigation potential of forests, we will highlight approaches and alignment to forest protection, management, and restoration solutions that are cost-effective and scalable. During this comprehensive panel and discussion we will explore questions such as:
- How should companies evaluate the various options for restoring forest settings?
- Should corporations fund tree planting, buy a forest, purchase carbon credits that directly or indirectly support forest protection, or something else?
- There are so many programs promoting forestry, which ones move the needle?
Due to limited space, this event is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending and have not received an invitation, you may register to attend by visiting our Eventbrite page here. You should then expect to receive an email confirming your attendance by September 18th, 2019.
This event is part of the Food, Land and Nature-Based Solutions program of Climate Week NYC.