In this workshop, we will review sustainable alternatives for every aspect of the production process, look at incorporating sustainability into product design and manufacturing as well as consider ways that other designers include sustainability in their business models, learn about incorporating circular design strategies by reevaluating your supply chain.
The workshops include a theoretical foundation to the definitions of sustainable, circular and responsible fashion along with their key principles. This is followed by design thinking methods that put your company’s needs and interests in focus to develop the perfect and unique solution for your brand.
- Sourcing responsible fabrics and mills through our Re:Source textile library
- Life cycle thinking: a general overview or an assessment of your specific product(s)
- Setting sustainability goals: inventory your sustainable strategies and how you can scale/add to them
- Referrals to apparel manufacturers within our extensive database
- Understanding how to responsibly produce locally and internationally
This event is part of the Food, Land and Nature-Based Solutions program of Climate Week NYC.