The Changing Climate of Corporate Pension Investments Breakfast Briefing on the Sustainable Retirement Plan Opportunity
Pension investments are often seen as the next huge opportunity to boost sustainable investment, but there is no fast track to make it happen as they are exposed to a variety of rapidly changing market conditions. Co-hosted by WBCSD and Pensions & Investments, this highly interactive breakfast briefing session aims to discuss these uncertainties and present the first view on our solution – the Aligning Retirement Assets Toolkit #1 developed by WBCSD and Mercer.
The session will address the following:
- Natural climate: Increased environmental risks push investors away from certain industries. Is divestment the right answer to mitigate the risks? Does ESG/sustainable investing make business sense?
- Social climate: All countries are experiencing aging population and some already feel the pressure on their pension fund health. Will the younger workforce be keen to make potential positive impact through smarter retirement investment?
- Regulatory climate: US DOL has created some level of confusion of ESG by releasing a new guidance earlier this year. European Commission and UK are likely heading to another direction, as well as the Japanese government pension fund. What do those messages mean to corporate pensions and fiduciaries?
- Corporate climate: Is the retirement plan offered by the company in line with its overall mission and values? How to better leverage the retirement plan as a tool for employee engagement and retention?
- We invite you to join us and other like-minded leaders and professionals for this conversation on retirement plans and how sustainability could be considered in different contexts.
At this event, you will hear from the following speakers:
- Edward Farrington, Executive Vice President at Natixis Investment Managers
- Maureen Kline, Vice President, Public Affairs & Sustainability at Pirelli Tire North America
- Chris Fowle, Head of Americas at Principles for Responsible Investment
Open to public, this session is targeted at corporate practitioners in functions such as sustainability, finance/treasury, HR/benefits and similar. The meeting will be held under Chatham House Rules.
Please confirm your participation by completing the registration form at: https://wbcsd.secure.force.com/GuestEventPageV2?aId=a5s0N0000011jA9.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Yi Sun, Associate of Redefining Value at firstname.lastname@example.org.