The Climate Decade: Will businesses, states and cities be the climate heroes we need for 2020s?
The next decade is when the climate challenge becomes inescapable – global annual emissions need to be halved by 2030 for the world to have a chance of avoiding disastrous climate change and in order to address our children’s concerns over inheriting a broken planet.
As we head into this ‘climate decade’, we look at how action by businesses, states, and cities can deliver the leadership that is needed. This event will examine the collective and individual role of all the powerful actors who are not national governments.
This event will be a kick-off event for The Hub at Climate Week NYC.
• Helen Clarkson, CEO, The Climate Group
• Basil Seggos, Commissioner, New York State
• Elena Moreno Zaldibar, Deputy Minister, Basque Country
• Mafalda Duarte, Head, Climate Investment Funds
• Robyn Beavers, Blueprint Power
• Andy Wales, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, BT Group
• Alexandria Villasenor, Youth Activist, Earth Uprising
• Michelle Lujan Grisham – Governor, New Mexico
• Mustafa Santiago Ali, VP Environmental Justice, Climate & Community Revitalization, National Wildlife Federation
• Alex Liftman, Global Environmental Executive, Bank of America
• Jakob Askou Bøss, Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy & Stakeholder Relations, Ørsted
This event is part of The Hub hosted by The Climate Group.