The Forum’s inaugural Sustainable Development Impact Summit is designed to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and the Paris climate agreement through public-private cooperation and the application of the technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The 1.5 day programme combines different session types with the aim to foster ideas and inspiration, create new connections and accelerate partnerships, and enhance and scale initiatives:
• Plenary sessions raise global awareness and shape the narrative for the meeting
• Roundtables spur collaboration between stakeholders and set priorities for accelerating progress
• Workshops explore specific challenges and opportunities to achieve greater impact
• Impact Hubs to meet with Global Shapers, Socia Entrepreneurs and Young Global Leaders who are pushing the boundaries for impact, and seeking ways to take their initiatives to the next level
• Global Situation Space reveals the trends and patterns of environmental and human change using a state-of-the-art data visualization tool, with Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute
• Trashion Exhibition to be inspired by the beauty in trash and upcycle waste material together, with Filipino artist Francis Sollano