You are invited by ADEME, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Secretariat and the 2° Investing Initiative to our Climate Week event on Sept 21st, 2017 (3-5pm + cocktail).
• With the Paris Agreement plans the recognition of the commitments from all actors, including those from “Non-State Actors” (NSA – Companies, investors and financiers, cities and regions, citizens, etc.). The need for this mobilisation of NSA has been further emphasized in June 2017, after the announcement of the US withdrawal, and the launch of a coalition of NSAs by California Governor J.Brown and M. Bloomberg in response.
• In 2015, the UNFCCC has introduced the Non-State Actor Zone for Climate Action (NAZCA) to showcase the mobilisation of NSAs, gathering 13,000 pledges. In parallel, a number of NGOs have developed and tested methodological frameworks to support NSA climate 2°C target-setting.
• To go further, the UNFCCC Secretariat, 2° Investing Initiative and their partners are starting to develop the ‘framework for NSA climate actions’, which will include:
• An ISO standard (ISO14097) to measure the climate contribution of financial institutions, including a consistent target-setting framework for investors and investee companies;
• A series of self-assessment and target-setting tools for each type of NSA (financial institutions, companies, cities, citizens) that will be provided as open-source software, made available on different platforms, and will generate automatic reporting to the UNFCCC;
• A web-based platform, mobilizing asset-level data to track the alignment of the global economy, financial markets and NSAs with the goals of the Paris Agreement and building on the 2° Investing Initiative and ADEME study "ASSET-LEVEL DATA AND CLIMATE-RELATED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS: A MARKET SURVEY";
• A campaign to mobilise companies, their shareholders and other NSAs on target setting.
The UNFCCC Secretariat and 2° Investing Initiative are currently consulting key stakeholders on the content of the work program and recruiting partners. The objective of the workshop is to present the project with interested parties and gather their feedback.
2:50 – 3:15 Boat pick up & registration
3:30 – 4:00 Presentation of the project by UNFCCC Secretariat and 2° Investing Initiative
4:00 – 4:30 Presentation of related projects by other organizations
4:30 – 5:00 Feedback and questions from other participants
• The workshop will take place in the 1N4TH building (1N4th Place, Williamsburg) and will be followed by a rooftop cocktail in the same venue.
• The venue is accessible by boat (Williamsburg North, NYC Ferry), Metro (Bedford Ave, L) and cab in 15-20 min from downtown Manhattan.
• The best way to get there is by boat, combining speed and sightseeing: boats leave at 2:55 from Mid-Town (East 34th) and 3:10 from Wall Street (Pier 11). Our team will wait for you 10 minute before with tickets. After the event, the same boats will bring you back in town, leaving every 20 min.
Please send your name, affiliation, and indicate if you will ride one of the boats to: Brendan@2degrees-investing.org