CARBON FORUM NORTH AMERICA (CFNA 2017) is an annual regional conference and exhibition, gathering Governments, business and NGO representatives from North America and the world. Organized by IETA, the 1-day conference provides a platform to exchange business-driven climate solutions, with a focus on carbon policy, pricing and finance.
CFNA 2017 is an ideal forum to examine the latest state of climate action across North America, exchange ideas, and develop business opportunities. This event is affiliated with Climate Week NYC 2017, which takes place alongside the UN General Assembly.
CFNA 2017 will focus on new market forces and financing instruments enabling low-carbon transformation across North America and beyond. Program sessions will explore topics such as:
- North America’s climate action and outlooks across federal, state and provincial levels;
- Consequences of US President Trump’s decision to exit the UN Paris Climate Change Agreement;
- State of the Pan-Canadian Framework and outlooks for 2018 implementation;
- How US States, including California, are broadening climate leadership and cooperation on climate market solutions;
- How sub-national governments, business leaders and civil society are engaging on carbon markets.